Richard Kacvinski, RTRP
Controller for Small Businesses & Tax Service 1993 to present.
An experienced professional with proven achievements as controller and V.P. of Finance of multi-million dollar operations. Expertise in all facets of accounting, financial reporting as well as strategic planning and conversion to computerized network systems using mini-computers (PC) in multi user and single user environments.
Controller/V.P. Finance, 1979-1993
- Computerized all accounting records which increased the data flow of accurate information to management.
- Proficiency in using various accounting software programs such as: QuickBooks, QuickBooks Pro, MYOB, DacEasy, Open System Accounting Software, and others.
- Developed and refined internal controls and various operating procedures that took a company from a net loss of 10.3% to a net gain of 5.6% in three years.
- Developed and refined the project cost system using percentage-of-completion method of accounting which provided better control of cost on a per job basis. This also aided in the reduction of factory cost margin by 15%.
- Developed credit and collection procedures that reduced collection time from 68 days to 44 days.
Staff/Chief Accountant, 1969-1979
Managed overall operations of accounting department. Reviewed and prepared journal entries for data entry into general ledger and various other accounting functions as directed.
Membership and Volunteerism
- QuickBooks® Professional Advisor
- Member: National Association of Tax Preparers
- Trustee: Nutley Lodge # 25 F & AM, 1978 to 2001
- Worshipful Master: Nutley Lodge # 25 F & AM, 1977
- Member: Hunterdon Harmonizers,
Past President: 2002-2003